Pages

Friday, September 23, 2016

dreamy ends

hey guys! how are you all?

I feel like I should have done this post on Monday eve buuut, the Fashion Futures comp is over!!! Which is actually quite sad, but it ended in style - at the Freemason's Hall for London Fashion Scout, as part of London Fashion Week. Seriously though, it was such a beautiful night, filled with so many inspiring & creative people. I also won the Textiles Award! Still waiting for that to sink in haha! big luv FAD

My garment on the catwalk

I talk about seasons a lot, and the beginnings & ends of months. (sorry in advance). But wow has this month whooshed by. Feeling closer to nature, and myself in general, has been a big part of this month. And just chillin; mentally, physically, on my own, with new people. Feeling/being "formless, shapeless, like water" - in the best way possible. That quote is taken from Bruce Lee, which I heard in this chill, hip hop remix by Caleb Belkin.
be formless, shapeless, be water my friend.

I also visited the Georgia O'Keeffe exhibition at the Tate this week. and you know what? I was pleasantly, pleasantly surprised. At first I was a bit ambivalent as to whether I wanted to spend a whole day gazing over framed flowers. but the exhibition completely knocked that out of my head. and I mean completely. The exhibition featured her magnified flower paintings (which were incredibly dreamy and sensual), her New Mexico desert landscapes, animal skulls and seascapes - including Jimson Weed/White Flower No. 1 1932 (the most expensive painting by a female artist ever sold at auction). I was also just taken aback by her use of tones, colour, senses and composition. Honestly, I didn't actually realise how much of an iconic artist she was and what an influence she had had on Modernism, particularly in the United States. I feel enlightened now haha. The exhibition even included Alfred Stieglitz's (O'Keeffe's husband) iconic photography of O'keeffe. They not only inspired me for my textiles work, but also for exploring my own photography. Deffo try and get yourself to this exhibition, it stops showing it at the Tate at the end of October!

Work by O'keeffe:


"I made you take time  to look at what I saw  and when you took time to really notice my flower , you hung all your associations with flowers  on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see - and I don't". Georgia O'keeffe

quick Outfit Of The Day (OOTD) :

Puffer jacket: East End Thrift Store
Cherry crop top: H&M
Black jumpsuit: New Look
Buffalo platforms: eBay


so that's me. I hope to post v soon about other random stuff n creative things I'm getting up to so stick around ma
Cleo xx

3 comments:

  1. I NEED TO GO TO TATE AND THE EAST END THRIFT STORE ughhh my god i hate not having money and not living in london sometimes oh my god but i will go. anyway your outfit is super cute and i can't get over how cool it is that your garment was on a model on a runway!! congrats again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yes pls do!!!! Omg I didn't realise u didn't live in London?? Where abouts u based? Thanks so much luv!! ♡ xxX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no sadly i don't :( i live in kent! which is nice but it means going anywhere is super expensive but yeah, that's alright! xo

      Delete