Pages

Sunday, May 28, 2017

cheetah prints + zine-y tings

 

These are a few of my ABC cards that I made for the exhibition 'Are You Sitting Comfortably?' at the Barbican (i'll post a lil' about it in my next post!) These are made by hand and I used scanned family photos for the base. They were enlarged and scaled to A2 size and hung up in the Barbican foyer. I did not intend for the photos to overtly correlate with the words ('Now', 'Invention', 'Creation' etc), but at times I did think that certain words would correlate nicely with this certain photograph.

Rather than going through the whole alphabet, I chose 18 special letters that altogether displayed the message 'DECOLONISE YOUR MIND'. 


'like children, wander about this earth in a daze'


- a zine of  memory +  sonder +  fucking, fucking growth.










 
  I'm trying to make my life cheetah printed at the moment because life is fast and feisty as fuck. (no one cares abt your vain selfies cleo!)


2 comments:

  1. Uh I definitely care about your selfies, too cute!!!! I've never really been into cheetah print, but I absolutely love it in those photo sets. Also I luuuuv the concept of your pictures, very important message.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha thank you lovely!!<33 yes, it's a veery interesting subject and I think it's a message that everyone could benefit from seeing or hearing about - bc we can grasp what de/colonisation is and what it's about to an extent, but to unravel the way our post-colonial mindsets are conditioned seems an impossible task as it's all sunconcious n stuff and yeah its just a really important thing to tackle

      Delete