Pages

Friday, September 16, 2016

bonjour // allsaints

blendin' in like a pro
Lovely Shoreditch, en route to ALLSAINTS!

hey luvs!

Is September even in full swing yet? If it isn't then I really don't know what full swing is because things have been jaaam packed this month... also, happy first day of London Fashion Week! #lfw
In my last post you may remember me talking about F.A.D and London Fashion Week and all that jazz. Well, we're coming even closer to the Fashion Scout catwalk (this Monday!) so I'm feeling pretty hyped!

Anyway, last Tuesday, courtesy of F.A.D, I got to visit the ALLSAINTS studios down in Shoreditch. 'Cool' doesn't even begin to cut it. I've never been an avid ALLSAINTS shopper but after the tour & talks, that might be changing a lil' bit. It is such an amazing company and store! I could literally spend hours walking around their studios, let alone the actual shop itself. How on earth do you make a rusty warehouse look and feel so modern and sleek?! Don't even get me started on the antique sewing machines (for decoration only, sadly). But anyhow, what a wonderful place it was, and what lovely people inside too! We met Amy, who took us around the studios, the Showroom (the new collection looks *insert fire emojis*), the photo shoot studio and looked around all the different departments within the company. Along the way we met pattern cutters, designers, merchandisers, garment technologists, photographers - the list literally goes on and on.

All in all, the day was soo lovely and inspiring. It taught me another valuable lesson - not to doubt myself or think that I won't succeed in this industry. It will be a long journey but if u got the passion then go for it all mate. Dream big. There is something different out there for everyone!

Even the reception was beautiful.

Also, applying for uni, or in my case, an art  foundation course, is coming up pretty fast. kinda just want to float through time and space to be honest.

To build up my portfolio for that, I have a photography/fashion project planned! It's called 'Eating Nature' and is based on some poetry I've been reading and generally my own feelings over the last couple of months.
If it all works out, I will be posting pictures from that very soon!

Hopefully that will be in full swing by next month. Any SE London models feel free to hit me up haha.

stay tuned my loves and see u in the next post! 
(btw, Sun, if you're out there - come back. 
Sincerely, a concerned citizen).

Cleo xx

2 comments:

  1. i can literally feel your excitement in this post it's lovely :) allsaints studios sounds so cool and you're so lucky to have got to look round there! good luck with the fashion scout catwalk !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aahh you're such a sweetie, thanks Melody!! xxx

      Delete